I was born in 1980. I am an Italian citizen married to an Austrian citizen, with three children.
Our family home is Salzburg (Austria), but we get to spend 4 weeks a year in our second home in Treviso (Italy) or at the seaside nearby.
- The sea, in particular diving since 2009, sailing since 2020, both thanks to my wife, and motoboating since 2023.
- Mushroom hunting in the Austrian woods, since 2016, besides what is commonly eaten in Austria (Cantharellus Cibarius and Boletus Edulis), my favourite species are Armillaria Mellea/Cepistipes/Solidipes, Craterellus/Cantharellus Tubaeformis/Lutescens, Lycoperdon Perlatum/Excipuliforme, Neoboletus Erythropus, Suilellus Luridus, Imleria Badia.
- Genomics and proteomics since I followed a class in 2003 by Giorgio Valle at the University of Padua.
- Astronomy and cosmology since I was a kid
- Computer Science, almost anything about it since I got my hands on a computer in 1993 (my first program was in QBasic to to calculate the position of the rings of saturn for any specific date).
- To take part in “a severe contest between intelligence, which presses forward, and an unworthy, timid ignorance obstructing our progress” by reading The Economist since 2002 (my paper subscription ran from 2007 to 2023, I had then to switch to a digital only subscription for post-COVID delivery issues).
- My family genealogy (I built a family tree going back to the 16th century with 427 direct ancestors of my daughters and more than 3.000 individuals, the biggest chunk of the work was done in 2021-2022).