I was born in 1980. I am an Italian citizen married to an Austrian citizen, with three children.
Our family home is Salzburg (Austria), but we get to spend 4 weeks a year in our second home in Treviso (Italy) or at the seaside nearby.
- The sea, in particular diving since 2009 and sailing since 2020, both thanks to my wife
- Mushroom hunting in the Austrian woods, since 2016, besides what is commonly eaten in Austria (Cantharellus Cibarius and Boletus Edulis), my favourite species are Armillaria Mellea/Cepistipes/Solidipes, Craterellus/Cantharellus Tubaeformis/Lutescens, Lycoperdon Perlatum/Excipuliforme, Neoboletus Erythropus, Suilellus Luridus, Imleria Badia
- Genomics and proteomics since I followed a class in 2003 by Giorgio Valle at the University of Padua
- Astronomy and cosmology since I was a kid
- Computer Science, almost anything about it since I got my hands on a computer in 1993 (my first program was in QBasic to to calculate the position of the rings of saturn for any specific date)
- To take part in “a severe contest between intelligence, which presses forward, and an unworthy, timid ignorance obstructing our progress” by reading The Economist since 2002
- My family genealogy (I built a >2000 individuals family tree going back to the 16th century)